I am a huge fan - and consumer - of Virginia's wineries, and I just got an urgent email advocacy alert about legislation that's coming up that will greatly affect the wineries' ability to self-distribute their wines. I love that Virginia has such a strong farm winery industry, and would hate to see those wineries affected. As I live in the District and am unrepresented anyway, I can do nothing but share it with you. If you live in Virginia and feel the urge to act, all the details are:
--------------
Virginia Farm Winery’s Future is being THREATENED and YOU can Help!
{A Winery} is asking your help in contacting your legislative representatives and asking them to support HB 1288 which will allow Virginia farm wineries to self-distribute their wine to retail stores and restaurants.
This is a very important request we are making of you and should not take too much of your valuable time. We are asking that you please send a letter or email to your Senator and/or Representative of the Virginia General Assembly who will soon vote on HB 1288. We have provided you with links allowing you to take this action in a quick and easy manner.
Thank you for taking your personal time to continue supporting the growing Virginia Wine Industry and this important issue.
The Management and Staff
{A Winery}
HB 1288:
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?061+sum+HB1288
Senator and Representative:
http://conview.state.va.us/whosmy.nsf/main?openform
Draft letter: (After you review the letter, simply highlight, copy and paste into your word processing software, fill in the information defined by ( )s, print and mail.
http://app.e2ma.net/campaign/5acb85c32405e4704fa840b96d905ac2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I received the exact same request from a different Virginia winery.
I agree that this is an important concern for small- to medium-sized Virginia wineries, and that being forced to distribute through large distributors who aren't going to be especially interested in the small sales volumes these wineries will produce will have a detrimental impact on those wineries.
I'd note, though, that even state legislators can tell when they're getting form letters from their constituents, and form letters are generally ignored.
We can help these wineries a lot more if we would sit down and write our own, individualized emails to our legislators.
Post a Comment