Thursday, January 05, 2006

Stream of Consciousness

I feel like I've been posting less this week, because I've been staying in for the evenings and haven't had as many funny social stories to share. Good for my wallet and waistline, but it's a little more boring when it comes to blog post ideas. Have no fear - I'm gonna treat you to another random numbered post.

1. I had a 7 pm meeting tonight and got home just after 9. So even though I missed more than half of the contestants, I'm still already completely hooked on the new season of Dancing with the Stars! I got to see Giselle Fernandez, Jerry Rice, and Tatum O'Neal dance. They were all pretty good, but I hope that's not the trend now. I loved watching some of the goofy dancing last time around! Joey McIntyre with his flailing steps? Priceless! Although now that they just went through the scores, it appears I may have missed some clunkers in the first hour of the show. Did anyone see it? Any deliciously embarrassing moments???

2. Finally, today, my favorite gal pal was back to work after the holidays. So now I'm calling the holiday slow period officially over, and everything's getting back into full swing. It was nice to have those few weeks operating in a sort of "sleep mode" but it does feel like it's time to refocus and really get started in on the new year and all of our new goals.

3. Why do I keep meeting attractive, smart, funny, interesting, compassionate MARRIED men??? My tastes have definitely changed over the years, cuz lately all the guys I'm attracted to are solid, successful, intellectually curious, and in their mid-30's. So much for the poet/dreamer/coffee-house type. Seems like that's now a thing of my past.

4. I love the Friends function of Netflix! I think I'm up to 7 Netflix Friends now, and it's so much fun to suggest movies, to check out their queues, and to see random titles that I never would have found myself. It's cool to see what diverse tastes my friends have. Three of my Netflix friends are in the same office with me at work and we are constantly talking about movies and comparing our current selections. Somehow, Netflix has managed to make viewing movies at home still be an extremely social experience. Bravo!

No comments: