Last night, I went with a bunch of people to see the photography exhibit at CHAW again. (Only one week left - be sure to see it before it's gone!) It was really great to have so many people excited to see my piece and the show itself, and I've been really happy with all the amazing support my friends have shown for my photographic pursuits. It's really meant a lot. Now, what would really mean a lot is if someone - anyone - would buy my piece!!! Every time I see it hanging on the wall I give it a little pep talk. "Sell yourself today, baby!" Let's hope it works!
After the exhibit, we headed over to one of my very first haunts in DC: The Banana Cafe. I used to work just down the block from that place and I can't even count the number of happy hours I spent there. Lots. The place hasn't changed - it's still an adventure in inconsistent service and super-cheap alcohol and appetizers. The whole gang stayed for about an hour, laughing uproariously about all sorts of things...office gossip, movies and tv, whom among us was caught wearing the same clothes as the day before...(it wasn't me!). Good times.
Much of the group started to fade away after a while, but Shoofly, Scenic Artisan, another friend and I stuck it out until well after last call. I had a great time - lots of good conversation, on everything from all that we hate about the Bush Administration to the evolution of man to crazy astronomy professors and their theories connecting dolphins and aliens. It reminded me of some of those all-night-long marathon conversations that friends and I would have in college, with candles burning and Enigma on the CD player. Ah, memories.
It was definitely a great night, but now I'm dragging on the whole getting-to-work thing.... why exactly do we have a 5-day work week???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I'm feelin' ya, baby. It's no good when you're still in the bar when they turn the lights on... and you have to go to work the next morning. Urgh. Why didn't I schedule my CWS day for today?!
AS
how you holding up....it's nearly 1pm....it's been a long been a long, been a long day!
I'm holding up okay, thanks, but my spacey-ness this morning led me to *Completely forget* about a business lunch I had set up and thank god a colleague mentioned it to me, cuz otherwise I would've totally missed it!
sorry we didnt make it out last night.
the booty beer at the argo knocked Darn Knit out.
hope you had fun.
Why isn't Congress pushing legislation for a siesta law, or creating laws supporting August as a national vacation month.
Chase: Thanks. I'm still hoping someone buys it, but if not I'll have a really great pice to hang on my own wall.
SA: Yeah, we missed you, but I'll gladly take a raincheck! I do need to try the Argonaut sometime.
Cube: I would so support 4-day work week legislation....I have no idea what the economic impact would be, but I would LOVE to sleep in on Friday mornings!
Post a Comment