Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Dru-bloggin'

Dru-bloggin' = Drunk Blogging.

Uh oh, watch out. I actually BEAT EA in our usual pace for drinks tonight. After deciding that neither one of us were up for much excitement tonight and deciding to just meet at Ozio for "one or two," we are both now very much drunk. We did meet at Ozio for the happy hour specials, and I indulged in 2 of my favorite things... chocolate martinis and a cheeseburger. Yes, those of you who've knpown and loved me for a while are probably surprised at my newfound love for the cheeseburger. But really, it's the perfect drunk food. And that's the only kind of beef I've had in the last 2 weeks. So I'm not an addict, I'm just a self-indulgent drunk. Right?

So the joke is that usually EA outpaces me at a 2:1 ratio on drinks. But that statistic does not take into account chocolate martinis. I drink those things faster than water. I had four of the cute little mini choc martinis at Ozio. We had the opportunity to call it a night then, as we'd first agreed we would do. But by then we'd had enough to drink to toss away our earlier caution and to agree to go to the blogger happy hour as we'd first planned.

The happy hour was fun! I was a little nervous at first. EA likened it to online dating, as in "I've written to these people about my innermost thoughts but have nver seen them, and now we're about to meet!" I confess that I was a little shier than normal so I didn't get to meet everybody, but I'm so glad I got a chance to meet Kathryn herself. You were just as friendly and down to earth as I imagined - hooray! I saw DC Cookie, Rock Creek Rambler, and I-66, but I apologize that I didn't get a chance to meet you in person. Next time, I promise! I did have fun talking to a few FOBs (Friends of Bloggers), Heather and Caroline, as well as EA and Reporter Boy. Lots of fun conversation about Match.com and Craig's List, plus inter-office interlopers and how I wasted the last 2 years of my romantic life.

Now I'm back at home drinking a LOT of water and sorta half-watching the Astros-Cards game. I can't think of how many times I siad "I've got a strategic planning meeting tomorrow morning!" tonight, so I'm glad I'm home early enough to detox. Thanks, Reporter Boy, for the ride home. Remember to get that new recording device away from EA for long enough to allow her to do some dru'-bloggin' of her own.

And T, my silent reader, thanks so much for being a good sport about my drunk texts. I do appreciate it, especially since you keep the next-day mocking to the bare minimum. You know you're the best!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. My blog is only a couple weeks old, but I can almost guarantee you that some day, probably soon, I will be dru-blogging and it won't be pretty. Not one bit.

Just found your blog tonight and wanted to say hi! :)

Anonymous said...

Wah! By the time we finished dinner (midnight breakfast at the Luna Grill), I was too exhausted to dru-blog. I sincerely had every intention of doing it! And ugh – I had totally forgotten about the recorder... I really really don’t want to hear what I said on it!

Anonymous said...

At that point I was probably three sheets to the wind anyway :-) Definitely next time!