As I mentioned in my morning post, I'm curious to go back and check on who voted how on that Iraq war resolution. So I just looked it up. Can you believe it was on October 11, 2002? Already almost 3 years ago.
So here is the Senate Roll Call, with those who voted AGAINST the War:
Akaka (D-HI), Nay
Bingaman (D-NM), Nay
Boxer (D-CA), Nay
Byrd (D-WV), Nay
Chafee (R-RI), Nay
Conrad (D-ND), Nay
Corzine (D-NJ), Nay
Dayton (D-MN), Nay
Durbin (D-IL), Nay
Feingold (D-WI), Nay
Graham (D-FL), Nay
Inouye (D-HI), Nay
Jeffords (I-VT), Nay
Kennedy (D-MA), Nay
Leahy (D-VT), Nay
Levin (D-MI), Nay
Mikulski (D-MD), Nay
Murray (D-WA), Nay
Reed (D-RI), Nay
Sarbanes (D-MD), Nay
Stabenow (D-MI), Nay
Wellstone (D-MN), Nay
Wyden (D-OR), Nay
What do you think? Do any of these folks have the potential to be an emerging voice for the anti-war left? It's amazing looking at this and the full list to see how much the makeup of the Senate can change in just 3 years. Midterm elections are very important. And, of course, we miss you Paul Wellstone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Sadly, Paul Sarbanes is retiring, and it looks like the rather useless/loathsome Michael Steele (Republican Lt. Governor of MD) has a good chance to pick up his Senate seat. I doubt we'll hear much more from Sarbanes after he exits the Senate. Too bad- he really represented MD well.
Corzine is running for NJ Governor, so he may have his sights set on higher office. If that's the case, look for him to become more vocal. He's a mostly self-financed candidate, and is on the right side of a lot of our issues.
MCB
I have a little political crush on Corzine myself. I saw him speak at the Center for American Progress earlier this year about Darfur. He's been very, very vocal about the need for the US to take a greater role in stopping the genocide. He seems to be that rare bird - a super-rich liberal. I'd like to see him do more - from NJ to a national stage.
Post a Comment