Thursday, January 05, 2006

Can't.....Breathe.....

Oh, thank goodness. Jon Stewart is back from the holiday!

He just did a segment using clips of arguments on the Senate floor between Senators Robert Byrd and Ted "Hulk Tie" Stevens. He called it a "Coot-Off!" Ahahahaha! These clips were unbelievable, these two old guys yelling at each other with their "old coot" grunts. In the end, Stevens was awarded three Yosemite Sams, and Byrd was the victor with 3 1/2 Yosemite Sams. What did Byrd win? "A lifetime supply of the way things used to be."

But what is burned into my brain in a terrifying way? Oh, Jon went there... he showed a revamped poster for Brokeback Mountain featuring the two Senators instead of Jake and Heath. "Senator Stevens, I don't know how to quit youuuuuuuuuu......!"

My eyes! My eyes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must be excited that he's hosting the Oscars!

Stef said...

Oh, I'm so excited! I think he'll be great. I was mad at all the haters on CNN this morning who were saying he wouldn't be a good host, because he's too acerbic and wouldn't be approachable for most of the viewing public. Whatever. I know that *I* will be one happy girl that night!

Mandy said...

Well, I thought that Steve Martin's first Oscar-hosting gig was one of the funniest I'd seen in a long time - all kinds of ascerbic. Don't listen to the haters!