Monday, January 02, 2006

I Resolve...

It's New Year's Resolution time again! Mine are pretty simple and hopefully achievable:

1. Get healthy. I am now back on the diet, and I've decided to start sharing and tracking my progress with the blog world. Since I know people look for different things when reading blogs, I'm going to keep The View from 16th Street fun and relatively diet-free. I have started a new blog, On the W.W.Wagon, where I'll be sharing all the details, challenges and hopefully successes. Please check it out!

2. Down with Visa. I really need to cut down on my spending and pay down that darn Visa bill this year. It looks like things are lining up well so that I should be able to do so. I hope to be able to move this year, so that means saving up some money for a deposit and new furniture and such, so I really am gonna be more of a homebody for a while to keep from spending money all the time.

3. Explore the City. I've lived in the DC area for 3 1/2 years now and there are still so many things I've never seen! I want to check out the American Indian museum, I need to see Tai Shan, I want to see jazz performances on U Street, I need to figure out why Georgetown is so popular, I want to start going to the various neighborhood gallery walks. There's so much to see and do, I want to make sure I get out there and explore the mostly really inexpensive things our city has to offer!

4. Keep Up the Photography. I have had so much fun learning about my camera and myself this year. Even though I'm gonna take a break from classes for a while (they're getting a little expensive) I want to make sure I'm still capturing images as often as I can. I really want to make that "photography wall" in my apartment really impressive!

5. Get Political Again. Those midterms are coming! Let's really take a stand this time. I want to get back into volunteering with the DNC and/or various 527s. Watch this space, cuz I'm sure I'll be posting more about the balance of the Hill as the elections come closer.

Okay, that's enough. I'm hoping I can reach all of these goals in 2006. Good luck to everyone out there on your resolutions!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Stef - Happy new year! I am back, and still pondering what my precise resolution list will be, but there will definately be some overlap there. We shall have to spend 2006 exploring the city in a low-calorie way!

Washington Cube said...

All good goals. Good luck.

Sharkbait said...

Very good and doable goals...

I definately need to spend some time exploring the city as well. I always feel so damn lazy.

Whenever you want company (with a snazzy new camera herself) I am game!!

Anonymous said...

You can definitely cut down on the VISA bill by taking mini-vacations to see your friends out in the boondocks. I think it would be great for you to leave a pair of pjs and some extra clothes over at the house for the occasional late night festivities.

Hooray!
Not-Spanish