Friday, January 13, 2006

I Vant to Suck....

Your blood? Your money?

The brand new Broadway production of Lestat opens in March. Who knew??? Elton John and Bernie Taupin have collaborated with Anne Rice to create a musical about her vampire hero/anti-hero. Will it be good? Will it be deliciously cheesetastic? Or will it just suck? It looks like it premiered in San Francisco last fall for its pre-Broadway trial run... has anyone heard anything?

You know, this could be worth a road trip to NYC this spring to see the old bloodsucker live and in perfect harmony....

1 comment:

ScottE. said...

This will be like the third vampire musical in about as many years on Broadway. The previous two TANKED! Now, Elton's other two musicals on Broadway are or have done really well. I think I remember hearing that Anne Rice was very happy with the treatment, so that's good. But I don't know much more about it.