
I love to travel. I think that's how the typical Aquarian wanderlust has manifested itself in me. Every few months, I just get the major itch to go see somewhere new. And I'm really starting to feel it right now. I have no trips planned at the moment and I'm jonesing. I need a travel plan!
Last year, I went to NYC for an overnight solo trip to see the Gates, then I went with a college friend for a long weekend in Las Vegas in April. That's it - other than two visits to Indiana, which I don't count because it's to see family, I haven't traveled in almost a year. Itch, itch, itch...
Brunette and I have been talking about taking a week-long trip to either San Diego or Portland, OR. Once she's back from her own adventure in India, I hope we can nail that one down. I'd love to see either city!
Another plan I need to think about is my annual mother-and-daughter fall trip with Mom. She and I started doing these a while ago and it's a lot of fun. We try to go to new places where neither of us have been. I'm going to jog my memory and see if I can list the places we've been...
2005 - Was a mother-father-daughter visit. They came to DC and we did tourist fun.
2004 - Mom and I went to NYC and saw 3 shows and lots of museums.
2003 - Santa Fe and Taos, New Mexico. This was my first real photographic adventure. I loved it!
2002 - Mom came to DC. I had just moved here and she and I started exploring together.
2001 - San Francisco. We did the touristy stuff here, too - Alcatraz, Muir Woods, the Bay cruise.
2000 - Boston. This was our first trip and I was hooked! We also drove up the Cape Ann peninsula and I fell in love with Salem and Marblehead.
Now I need to figure out where we can go in 2006. She's been talking about visiting Nova Scotia, and I've never been to Maine. Maybe we'll be heading up North?
So do you have any exciting travel plans for the year? Any suggestions?



5 comments:
no plans yet for 2006...hopefully work situation will change and allow for a funded trip somewhere other than NYC. I would love to leave the US for a few days. I have plenty of EUROS to use up from Greece and Ireland.
I too love to travel.
I am going to France again in March,
but would so give my left arm for greece. No Joke.
I would love to travel internationally again soon. I went to London in November 2004, which was fun. But I did that on the cheap, cuz I had someone to stay with and only had to pay for airfare. (Well, the emotional cost was high, but the financial cost was very low.)
I get those e-ticket notices for Paris, Spain, Italy all the time. Wouldn't it be great to take a long weekend? But, alas, I have no one to go with at the moment. Unless some of my friends want to be impulsive???
After I'm home for more than three seconds and I've lifted my travel moratorium, I'm all for being impulsive. I love both Paris and London and, well - Europe in general, so I'm all for exploring!
I'm also an Aquarian and have travel wanderlust! I'm going to LA next month. Maybe Buenos Aires in June with my sister in law. Would like to visit Japan, Turkey, Thailand, and Iceland. Have been to Spain before but would love to return.
Post a Comment